Sun, Nov 19|
Half Day On-Line Zoom Workshop
Honoring the Mystery and Finding Meaning
Half day on-line workshop specifically for health care professionals to explore the themes in Barbara Morningstar's book "Honoring the Mystery; Uplifting Insights from the Language, Visions, and Dreams of the Dying"
Time & Location
Nov 19, 2023, 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. PST
Half Day On-Line Zoom Workshop
About the Event
This workshop is specifically for health care professionals and volunteers helping individuals and their families during end-of-life transitions. Often professionals in these positions are ill prepared in their training to support those in the midst of the dying process, companioning someone with a life-threatening illness or in grief. This workshop will help you become more informed, better prepared and soften the fear while companioning others through this sensitive and inevitable life turning point.
We will explore the main themes in Barbara Morningstar's book titled Honoring the Mystery; Uplifting Insights from the Language, Visions, and Dreams of the Dying along with recent research on the subject.
The workshop takes place on Sunday, Nov. 19th from 8 am to Noon, Pacific Time.
Theme: Honoring the Mystery and Finding Meaning
We will discuss…
- How opening to the mystery during the end of life transition can help ease the experience for the individual nearing death.
- The positive impact of acknowledging these experiences for caregivers, family members and professionals attending to those in the final stages of life. Flowing over into the integration of the loss during the grief journey.
- The key themes of visual, auditory, kinesthetic and dream experiences.
- Metaphoric language at end of life.
- How to engage with individuals having these experiences with a sense of adventure and open curiosity. Supporting rather than shutting down what they share.
- Noted differences from recent research between dilerium and death bed visions and dreams.
- The importance of discovery and finding meaning at end of life, respecting that it will be unique to each individual.
This is a LIVE on-line half day workshop presented by Barbara Morningstar. Out of respect for the group's privacy the workshop will NOT be recorded.
Structure of the day:
- You will be sent a Zoom link prior to the event.
- The workshop will begin at 8 am Pacific Time with two (one hour and 45 min.) sessions with time for a nurturing break in between. It will finish at noon.
- The format will be a weave of information segments along with group discussions and break out sessions for personal discovery.
- After the workshop you will receive a PDF of the power point presentation and resource list for reading and further exploration.
- We will also discuss helpful ways to learn from and encorporate the library of talks from my "Inspiring, Heartfelt Conversation" YouTube series to enhance your learnings and practice.
NOTE: Registration Limited to 40 Participants
Please see registration fee and details below.
Half Day Workshop On-Line
In this workshop we will explore the themes in Barbara Morningstar's book "Honoring the Mystery; Uplifting Insights from the Language, Visions, and Dreams of the Dying"$250.00