Demystifying the End of Life Journey - Six Module In Person Course
Time & Location
About the Event
The subject of death is full of fear for so many people and yet we will all face it one day. Where can you go to learn about death, dying, grief and better ways to support loved ones through this journey? How can the fear be softened? How can you become more confident with these heightened emotional situations?
Too often people are thrown into this life experience without any education which can be overwhelming on both a personal and professional level.
In this course these fears and concerns will be addressed to make this a more comfortable experience.
Join me for this six week course beginning Thursday, Feb. 27th at 6:30 - 9 PM, PST
Course fee: $385
Key points we will be exploring:
· the dying process and history of hospice/palliative care support
· anticipatory grief and pre-death losses
· the family dance and needs of the caregiver
· basic tenants of grief and how to companion someone through this journey
· key players needed for a good support team at end of life
· Self-care – what is it really?
· the mystery of this profound life transition
The course offers a safe place to explore your fears and questions. It is designed to make you more comfortable being around death and the heightened emotions of grief and will provide supportive tools and information to make this life transition less threatening.
The course will be presented in person, one module per week over a six week period.
Barbara Morningstar began working in the hospice field over twenty-five years ago. Her husband died of cancer in 2008. She has supported thousands of people during this end of life phase. She will share her experiences from both a personal and professional perspective.
- End of Life Education$385$3850$0