Demystifying the End of Life Journey
Time & Location
About the Event
The subject of death is full of fear for so many people and yet we will all face it one day. Where can you go to learn about death, dying, grief and better ways to support loved ones through this journey? How can you become more confident with these heightened emotional situations? Too often people are thrown into this life experience without any education which can be overwhelming on both a personal and professional level.
Key points we will be exploring:
- The dying process and history of hospice/palliative care support
- Anticipatory grief and pre-death losses
- The family dance and needs of the caregiver
- Basic tenants of grief and how to companion someone through this journey
- Key players needed for a good support team at end of life
- Self-care – what is it really?
- The gift of presence and the mystery of this profound life transition
The course offers a safe place to explore your concerns and questions. It is designed to make you more comfortable around death and the heightened emotions of grief. It will provide supportive tools and information to make this life-transition less threatening. Barbara will give a weekly live online class (Tuesday evenings 6.30pm PST) during the course which will also give opportunities to ask your specific questions. This will be coupled with weekly reading and homework assignments.
Join Barbara for this intimate exploration beginning Tuesday October 1st, 2019 at 6:30pm-8.30pm PST and continuing every Tuesday until November 5th.
Course fee: $385 (max. ten participants)
Barbara Morningstar began working in the hospice field over twenty-five years ago. Her husband died of cancer in 2008. She has supported thousands of people during this end of life phase. Barbara will share her experience from both a personal and professional perspective.
- End of Life Online Course$385$3850$0